Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Next Couple Months

Today was beautiful. Yesterday was one of those days that happen rarely. I got tons of things done and was able to relax as well. I got all my chores done, car washed and vacuumed, a 5 mile bike ride in, grilled with friends and watched basketball. I crashed like a kid when I got home. Today I overslept, tot caught up on the internet and NY Times Tech Talk podcast, worked out and went on a 3.5 miles walk. It was a nice day. I am starting to get ready for the 5K in May.  At least now I have an idea of how fast I can walk it. I would like to speed it up a bit. After this, I will work on being able to actually run one.

The next couple months are going to be insane. Where will I find the perfect combination of time, money and energy? Oh I believe it can be done. Basically I have decided to live on the adult healthy low GI diet version of the college kid ramen diet. What exactly is that you say? Basically clearing out my freezer and cabinets of food before doing any major shopping. This involves getting creative with the food I have and keeping my carbs in check. So maybe eggs and black beans for breakfast instead of waffles because I need to get rid of the can of black beans etc..

So budgeting is a huge concern of mine and I am getting there. Also working out again. My body is starting to understand the motions a bit more and not hurt as much. Getting sick for that month more or less took tons out of me. If I am going to squeeze everything in, I will need to have a bit more energy. 

So basically I just want to pay off bills and go on trips. I dated someone who was like that once and I really didn't get it at the time. Now I understand the power of the vacation. There is something about getting out of the cubicle that is awe inspiring.

Right now I am simply enjoying the warmer weather and coming down from a relaxing weekend. Spring please be here to stay. 

2 comments:

  1. Tim and I were just talking about the vacation thing last night. Bills are definitely getting in the way. I think I'd like to explore further up the Lake Michigan coast this year. Traverse City gets talked about a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to do that too. There are a lot of microbreweries I want to see in Michigan. Plus it is sooo beautiful in the summer.

    ReplyDelete