Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dating, Radiohead and Open Windows

Hello blog friends from a beautiful weekend in Indiana.

The weather is amazing this weekend. I got a quick 3.5 mile walk in yesterday partially around a lake and partially through a part of town I haven't been through yet. It was nice. A friend of mine is training for the Susan Komen 3-Day in Chicago, so I hope to get some walks in with her. This morning, she was at my place bright and early (6:30 a.m. folks). We did a beautiful 7 miles. Northwest Indiana has some really nice outdoor resources that I lacked in East Central Illinois. I am into that.  My next move will have to be a good blend of both cultural opportunities and outdoor activities. West coast here I come. Please give me a job :).
  I am also halfway through Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. The scale is not budging but I can tell a huge difference in my muscle tone and way my clothes fit. 15 days has made a huge difference. I would prefer a more muscles to being skinny. I am really hoping this will help with my health issues. The insulin issues are starting to feel a bit more under control these days.


A note on dating, I thought I might try it again recently. It has been 2 years since I have dated anyone and roughly 4-5 years since I have been in a relationship. The experience last week was nice but I think I am going to hold off a bit longer. I want a clearer plan for my next year without complicating it with someone else.  I am totally good with that and am in no hurry. Although I might get a cat friend for the cat. He seems lonely when I am away. 

I have been listening to Radiohead's Hail to the Thief quite regularly for the last several months. I love it. I still think OK Computer is their best work but for me this is one of my favorites. I actually don't own Kid A and have heard I need to get it. Thoughts on that? Also been listening a lot of The Black Keys Brothers. Also will accept all music suggestions as I feel as if I am in a rut at the moment.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. 






No comments:

Post a Comment